The mechanical integrity (MI) element of the PSM Standard is often difficult to implement in an accurate, consistent, and cost effective manner. Through years of industry experience and software expertise, Provenance has developed workflows and project execution techniques which guarantee the best value at the highest level of quality.
A complete MI program should account for the entire equipment lifecycle, and each stage of the equipment lifecycle requires specific activities that should be performed from a MI perspective. This ensures the safe operation and reliability of the equipment.
- Our MI/INSPECTION SERVICES for fixed equipment and piping include:
- Equipment Design Validation
- Vendor Shop Audits and Quality Assurance Inspection during Fabrication
- Field Inspection to Confirm Proper Installation and Document Initial (Baseline) Equipment Condition
- Inspection Software Implementation and Maintenance, using a Life-based or Risk-based (RBI) Approach
- Piping Isometric and Equipment Inspection Drawing Generation and Maintenance
- Inspection Planning and Analysis
- Internal/External API Inspections and Nondestructive Examination (NDE)
- Analysis of Inspection Findings (including Fitness for Service Evaluations per API 579), Corrective Action Identification and Modification of Inspection Plans
- Leverage Inspection History to Predict Retirement Dates and Confirm Suitability for Service
- Generate Repair Plans to Correct Equipment Deficiencies
- Generate or Validate Alteration and Rerate Plans and Associated Design Calculations
Additionally, Provenance has a great deal of experience in generating policies, procedures, and work processes related to MI and Inspection, as well as defining and reporting Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and metrics. We have performed program assessments and gap analyses of existing MI programs, and recommended and implemented improvements where identified.
Provenance has implemented and maintained MI/Inspection programs for a large number of upstream, midstream, and downstream facilities, along with chemical and petrochemical plants.